Saturday, July 07, 2007

This is how my bike ride today looked! Before it started raining that is. In Finland, when they say "scattered showers" they really mean "scattered downpours with thunder and lightning and short intermittent sun breaks". I rode to Porvoo, a pretty little historic town east of Helsinki. I think I logged about 40 miles but I don't really know as I broke the mounting for my bike computer when I was stuffing the damn'd bike into the damn'd suitcase before I left! Anyhow, I don't have any pictures of Porvoo because I got there just as the ferry back to Helsinki was heading back and I opted for sitting three hours on a boat rather than three more biking in the rain.

The day before yesterday, however, we visited a beautiful local library designed by a Finnish Architect God named Juha Leiviska. Leiviska came and gave a talk to us on... Tuesday? A very nice person. I've posted a few photos of his library at Vallila, a neighborhood in Helsinki, here. And here is one photo as a teaser...
Posted by Picasa

No comments: