Thursday, July 05, 2007

Welcome to Finland!


Well, it took me a while to get here. I've not posted for several days because my only internet access was at the pizza place around the corner from my apartment. Nice folks, but there is only so much hacking you feel like doing while sitting at a table with a pizza in front of you.

But now we are turned on at the apartment! I've been touring around Helsinki quite a bit this past week. It is a very nice city. I've got the Bike Friday rolling nicely and have been in to the heart of the city three times now already. Some areas are busy... but there are bike paths most everywhere. Some in parks, some at the edge of the sidewalk. You almost never have to ride on the street pavement... which is just as well because the cars don't like you much there either. From my apartment I can follow bike paths along the railroad into downtown or down the nearby ring road to the university campus. Downtown is about 45 minutes. The campus is about 20.

I've also taken a good number of photos. Here is the current web album for your viewing! These are mostly architectural images... but then that is what I am here for isn't it?

- B -

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Brian,
Very good pics. Sounds like every
thing is going great there. Have a great summer and enjoy having the girls (all of the girls)there with you. The weather here has turned off HOT so One might say summer is upon us. May have to run over to Winchester Bay where it is cooler and have some fish n chips. Talk to later Love Dad

ann said...

Great photos, Brian. I'm enjoying reading about your adventures!