Monday, August 20, 2007

Last Day in Helsinki

Yesterday was my last day in Helsinki! Here is a group photo from the closing party a couple nights back now. Amazingly enough, all six of the design groups pulled together some pretty excellent designs and made the submission deadline. This included some pretty frantic last minute times at the printer (and breaking into the printer supply room to get replacement ink cartridges for the plotter!

On my last full day, I wandered around town some, met up with some other students and visited the Architecture Museum, and finally went out on my own to make one last visit to Suomenlinna Island. The light was looking good that afternoon, and I wanted to visit one more time. I believe that it was my favorite place I visited while in Finland.

Finally, on return to the city, the sunset became quite beautiful. I tried to capture some of the colored clouds behind the Lutheran Cathedral. More photos here!

No comments: