Sunday, April 20, 2008

Made it to Milan...

With my bags believe it or not. I was so tired today, kept falling asleep on the airplane from the minute I got on. And of course I had to get a middle seat for the 10 hours from Portland to Frankfurt. I was lucky they put me so far back in the plane that the row was only 7 across instead of the 9s they use farther up front.

But I have to say, those Airbus planes are sure nice, quiet and comfortable. And they even had a decent movie... Juno. I had been wanting to see it but a friend kept saying that they wanted to go too and it never happened. So here I was forced to watch it and it wasn't my fault. The other movie was "National Treasure". I think it is the second. Supposedly we watched the first one on the way home from France in 2005... but fortunately I've forgotten it. Hopefully I'll forget this one too.

Enough of the movie review though. The flights were fine. Everything was on time. Luggage came through in Milan, no problem, bus to the train station in town, no problem. Found hotel and other than I am carrying too much stuff again (because of the bike) all was smooth as clockwork. Got into the hotel around 2:30 and fell asleep. Didn't get out to see Milan this afternoon at all I'm sorry to say. But I was exhausted.

Tomorrow I get onto the train at the station across the street. About 5 hours to Macerata. The central train station here is beautiful. One of the ornate old train sheds. They are restoring it and I bet it will be incredible when they're done.

- B -

No comments: