Saturday, April 26, 2008

Quick update...

Hello all-

Sorry that there haven't been too many posts of late. Internet access here is spotty and my computer screen has gotten much worse. Plus we actually have to work a lot of the time! I mean, what do they think I came to Italy for??? On Tuesdays and Thursdays for example, I have a beginning Italian class for two hours starting at 9:00, then an architecture history class from 11:00 to 1:00. Break until 3:00, then studio work until 7:00. By then I'm starved and head home to eat. But to get to the internet I have to come back to the studio space. So, needless to say, I've not been writing a whole lot.

But am settling in. Today is Saturday, I assembled the bike this morning and then rode around town doing some drawing assignments that we need done for Monday. I'm not too happy with most of them but there are one or two I'm willing to share and will scan on Monday when we get access to the regular computer room again. Evenings and weekends here we only have access to our own machines and a wireless. And thats only until 11:00pm when then shut off the electricity. Apparently that was a real compromise on their part... Italian students go home at 7:00 and stay there. American architecture students like to work until 2:00am. So I guess 11:00pm was a compromise.

And those pictures I posted were supposed to have captions... where the heck did they go?

- Brian -

No comments: