Thursday, May 22, 2008

Typical Schedule...

Somebody was asking me how often I had Italian class, so I thought I'd describe a little bit of our schedule.

We start at 9:00am, Mondays with the Town Form class. This class, taught by Jenny Young from Eugene, focuses on the development of the hill towns, why they were such great structures for living and what difficulties they face today. (Cars is the big one... little streets with no parking and people driving through them as fast as they can go... pedestrians get out of the way!). After a couple of hours discussion and looking at drawings we've done (we're supposed to do 5 sketches per week and then there are a bunch of sketches assigned on the field trips), we generally walk to somewhere in town and visit.

Tuesdays and Thursdays we have Italian from 9-11 and Architecture History from 11-1. Italian is a lot of fun, Architecture History is good but a little dry and by 1:00 I'm falling asleep badly.

We break from 1-3 for lunch (most of the shops are closed and the Italians at home during this time as well... so you can't buy groceries for instance). Then from 3-7 we have studio.

Fridays we take field trips. Wednesday mornings we sometimes have free. Weekends are generally free, I try to work in studio one day and get a bike ride in the other... although last weekend I just worked because of midterms... which I have to go off and take notes for a review now!

- B -

- B -

No comments: