Friday, June 13, 2008

Cat fights continued...

Well, the saga of the cat continued through the night. I left at 11:15 and found Chris and Jeff drinking beers at the bar around the corner. So I sat and joined them for one as well. They were busy working up their outrage over the cat, the loss of the headlamp, and the landlord's involvement. After joining in for a beer and some bitching, I headed on home while they went back to studio to collect a few things.

So I got home the kitten was totally cute of course. They'd gotten it cleaned up, fed it some food and it was happily camped out on Ian's chest. So I got some dinner and headed for bed. Was surprised that Jeff and Chris had not shown up yet... and sure enough, they'd stopped at another bar on the way home to work themselves up further and finally showed up around 1:00, loaded for bear. They were griped a lot about the cat, and losing the headlamp, and getting the landlady upset. Turns out that she wasn't really all that bent out of shape, she'd just wanted them to stop before they damaged themselves. It was a pretty dangerous little place they were inside.

Long and short of it all is that Ian let the cat go the next morning. I'm sure it did fine. I'm glad that I stayed out of the whole fray and it has left some touchy feelings between the rest of my roommates. But everybody is tired and has been working long hours. The good news is that we'll be going home in a couple weeks! We had reviews today, leave on a bus for Verona at 5:30am tomorrow morning, will be there for a day, in Vicenzia for a day, and in Venice for two. Then back here on Tuesday (getting in about 1:00am Wed morning). Have a couple of final exams (Italian and History) end of next week. The next Monday we have a final in Town Form, and a paper due as well. Then that Friday we have the final review for our studio project. Saturday we have a potluck, Sunday I go to Milan, and Monday the 1st fly home!

Whew!

- B -

No comments: