Monday, June 30, 2008

Frankfurt seems like a nice place...

Lufthansa overbooked their flight out of here so I decided to stay over one night and am rebooked tomorrow. Should pay for a replacement computer screen!

Reviews were interesting. My project turned out really well I thought... but it was a very modern building in a very traditional context and the visiting reviewers didn't like that at all. They did have some useful comments but a good deal of the vibe was `we just don't like that concept'. Where I was feeling like, 'it looks beautiful right there!' So I don't really know if it was a good review or a bad one. But I certainly sparked a lot of discussion and I was certainly the most experimental and unique of the designs. Which I was striving for as well. So I feel like I succeeded in many ways. I'm trying to bring home the model... we'll see if it makes it. It is a very solid little thing so I am hoping it will.

Looking forward to getting home!

- B -

No comments: