Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Things are heating up...

The weather suddenly switched here from the cool rainy spring we'd been having to the hot summer we we're supposed to be having. Suddenly we are in the 90s and it doesn't cool down much at night either.

I like the warm outdoors, and inside the buildings it stays pretty cool. There have been a couple of negative incidents though. Because it is so hot I've been keeping the windows open at night in my room, they are casement style windows hinged on the sides and open inward right over my bed. So the night before last I sat up and rammed my forehead right into the corner of one of these stupid windows. Guess I won't open that one any more.

Then today I set off to take some sheets and towels to a laundry they asked us to do before we left. The Italian prof had read us the address as 46/50, meaning that it is a long shop between numbers 46 and 50. But I'd written down 650 and started hiking off to this remote address in the countryside. The addresses here don't increment every block like they do at home. I have no idea where 650 actually is... I gave up and turned around when I'd reached the city limits and was only at 400. Of course the walk back was all uphill and hot hot hot... phew!

- Brian -

No comments: